Monday 24 March 2008

Democracy simply doesn't work.

Long time no post - was on a relaxing internet free holiday. Calmed down, chilled out, all good.


Then I saw Kerrang's Top Ten Greatest Rock Bands Of All Time.


10. Bowling For Soup
9. Queen
8. Avenged Sevenfold
7. Paramore
6. Evanescence
5. Elliot Minor
4. Nine Inch Nails
3. HIM
2. 30 Seconds to Mars
1. My Chemical Romance


For the record, Led Zeppelin were 41st, pipped to the big four-oh by The Rasmus. Yes, I know it was a public vote organised by a magazine whose key demo are angry 14 year old suburban kids in "I hate myself and want to die" Cobain hoodies who are unique and in no way similar to the other angry 14 year old suburban kids in "I hate myself and want to die" Cobain hoodies, but come on! Any self respecting magazine should either

a) Suppress such an embarrassing gauge of its readers' tastes.
b) Complement the list with an editorial condemning their tragic taste. Gotta be cruel to be kind, in a few years the kids will thank you.
c) Just pack it in altogether.


Remember the next time you slate Hot Press or NME. It could be so so so much worse.

It could be Kerrang.

No comments: