Monday 18 February 2008

The 10 Best British Albums

According to Q

1. Oasis, Definitely Maybe
2. Oasis, (What's the Story) Morning Glory?
3. Radiohead, OK Computer
4. Beatles, Revolver
5. Stone Roses, Stone Roses
6. Beatles, Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
7. Clash, London Calling
8. Keane, Under the Iron Sea
9. Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon
10. Verve, Urban Hymns


Now. I'm loath to give lists like this the time of day but according to this list Keane's Under The Iron Sea is better than (off the top of my head)

Kid A
Rubber Soul
Anything by Led Zepplin
Piper At the Gates Of Dawn.

Dear God. Yes, lists are lazy journalism, done so people will buy the magazine, see the list, get indignant and give out to their friends, who will in turn get indignant and buy/borrow the magazine nd give it more coverage.

But, journos of the world at least make the controversy somewhat credible...I mean Keane?

Hit me with more deserving mentions. I'm sure there are many.




DISCLAIMER:
1. Yes, I'm aware Q is a rag of the highest order, aimed at 30-somethings to have on their coffee table.
2. I'm also aware that due to and despite my protestations I have fallen for the very tactic I bemoan.

No comments: