Friday 14 December 2007

Anything you can do...

So, as Sinead has discussed, Lily Allen is on the Orange Prize panel of judges because she reads books.

Well that's nothing - not to be outdone is Kate "Lily Mk II" Nash who is preparing her literary debut..

'Kate Nash has revealed that she is currently writing a series of short stories, and plans to release a book in the future...Nash explained that she is working on a story for children based around a seven-foot transvestite named Roy, and that author Roald Dahl is an influence on her work. "I'd like to release a collection of short stories," she explained. "I'm writing one a bout a 12 year-old boy called George, who meets a seven-foot cross-dresser called Roy. It's a concept about imagination and being whatever your dream is. There's a lot of things I want to achieve creatively," Nash went on to say. "I just like chucking things out and thinking, 'Whatever'"
I, like many of you, await the first book from the lady that wrote "You said I must eat so many lemons, because I am so bitter" with much anticipation.


1 comment:

Sinéad said...

Hmmm. Interesting. Wonder what those stories will be like...